- Add a Database user to a Database role:
EXEC sp_addrolemember ‘db_owner’, ‘yourdbusername’
- When you rename the SQL Server name:
In case if you have renamed the SQL Server recently and find a trouble to connect to the server using code. Try the below items.
- Use Query Analyzer and Connect to the SQL Server.
- Execute the command SELECT @@SERVERNAME AS ‘Server Name’
- You will find the old name reflecting there.
- First run the command sp_dropserver ‘old server name’
- And then run sp_addserver ‘new server name’, ‘local’
- You should be good to go
SSRS Reporting Servers:
- To change the User Name or the Server name of the Reporting Server instance [SSRS].
- When you get rsreportserverdatabaseunavailable error when connecting to SQL Server Reporting server.
For the above case you have to use the tool rsconfig that will change the user and server details.
When you try to create a new SSP you might run in to surprise that the newly created web application will not get listed in the list web application of new SSP page.
One quick check you need to perform in this case is to check the App Pool account of the Web Application. If it is Network Services then that the issue. You can find the answer in same New Shared Services Provider page.
Process ID for the Web Application:
While debugging SharePoint application mainly SharePoint Workflow you will need to find the Process ID of the Web Application you are trying to Debug. If each of the web application runs in same user account its tough to find the same.
Run the below command that will list all the Application Pool and Its Process ID
Run To access STSADM from any directory in command Prompt:
Add the 12Hive\Bin path to the Windows Environment PATH Variable.