SQL Server and SQL Reporting Server SSRS – Quick Reference –FAQ’s
- Add a Database user to a Database role:
EXEC sp_addrolemember ‘db_owner’, ‘yourdbusername’
- When you rename the SQL Server name:
In case if you have renamed the SQL Server recently and find a trouble to connect to the server using code. Try the below items.
- Use Query Analyzer and Connect to the SQL Server.
- Execute the command SELECT @@SERVERNAME AS ‘Server Name’
- You will find the old name reflecting there.
- First run the command sp_dropserver ‘old server name’
- And then run sp_addserver ‘new server name’, ‘local’
- You should be good to go
SSRS Reporting Servers:
- To change the User Name or the Server name of the Reporting Server instance [SSRS].
- When you get rsreportserverdatabaseunavailable error when connecting to SQL Server Reporting server.
For the above case you have to use the tool rsconfig that will change the user and server details.